lunes, 17 de marzo de 2008

Happy St. Patrick Day !

Yes buddies, today is St. Patrick Day, and its a good reason to go this night to a pub to celebrate the Luck of the Irish and drink as many beers as you and your wallet can resist. Some years before, this was not a very extended celebration here in Buenos Aires due to the reluctance of people for the "foreign saints". The tradition prevailed thanks to the english spoken tourists (the 'gringos'), then somebody noticed that it was a good marketing strategy and put the celebration on top. As you know, everybody wants to be on top. So every year on march 17th the pubs and even the streets of the downtown are full of people who meet to celebrate the same tradition they rejected some years before. I remember someone said "I don't know who is St. Patrick and don't care as long as there's beer". And the only parade you may see is the drunks walking down the streets early in the morning. What a pretty spectacle.

I am here at home tonight because I have lots of work to do and have to take care of my child. Maybe next year, but I don't think so. Green is not my lucky colour.

By the way, have you ever tried these beer cupcakes? Hum, look tasty...

Cheers for everybody and have a good night tonight.

-·*’°§ PörTeña §°’*·-.
_

2 comentarios:

aor dijo...

Hola Aleare,
Been in Buenos Aires way back in 1991 when summer is almost over. But I still drink my beer on one of the tables scattered on the sidewalk. It's a nice experience there, the place is beautiful. Please click here", to see how St. Patrick's Day was celebrated in this part of the U.S.
!deséele el mejor!

Porteña dijo...

Dear AOR,
Thanks for the visit and for the comment too. Nice view of the river in green! I saw a picture like this in other blog but I thought it was a Photoshop effect. How do they did it?

Cheers from someplace else in Buenos Aires.

-·*’°§ PörTeña §°’*·-.